Roseberry Topping - North York Moors.
Get adventurous with an abseiling taster for all the family; abseil approximately 12 metres down the sandstone rock-face of Roseberry Topping. No experience is needed, the event is aimed at beginners.
This particular event is run in partnership with the National Trust. Bookings can be made via:
- The Roseberry Topping events page
Alternatively if you would like more information on what we can offer please go to our climbing page.
Pinpoint Adventure and National Trust: Abseil Adventure at Roseberry Topping Guidance Notes
The abseil adventure takes place at the impressive sandstone crag of Roseberry Topping, North York Moors. We will meet at the summit of Roseberry Topping just to the south east of the village of Newton under Roseberry. Please familiarise yourself with how to reach the summit of Roseberry Topping – as a rough guide it takes approximately 45 minutes to walk from the car park (Located just to the south of Newton under Roseberry).
We will meet at the summit to start the session at one of the following timings 10:00, 10:40, 11:20, 12:00, 12:40, 13:20, 14:00, 14:40, 15:20, 16:00 (finishing times are approximately 30 minutes after the start time). A member National Trust staff will lead you to the start of the abseil where you will meet Tom. At the end of the session you will have the choice to return directly to the car park or to enjoy the surrounding area, please note we cannot be held responsible for anything which takes place after the end of the session.
What does an Abseil Adventure involve?
- This is a family orientated abseiling adventure involving a 12 metre abseil (Approximately) on the South East corner of Roseberry Topping. The overall aim of the session is to have an enjoyable and safe time.
What do I need to bring?
- Yourself (a basic level of fitness is required to abseil, although you will need to be able to walk to and from the crag itself over rough terrain)
- Warm clothes (although we will try to remain as active as possible there will be times where you are stationary, please bring enough warm clothes)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (We can still abseil in the rain, although your safety and enjoyment take precedence – i.e. if it began to rain so heavily it became dangerous to abseil)
- Trainers or walking boots – that you don’t mind getting scuffed and a little muddy
- Participant Information Forms – filled out (to be given to Tom when you arrive)
- Food and drink (Roseberry Topping has spectacular views over the surrounding countryside, so a food and drink break are highly recommended)
Pinpoint Adventure will provide:
- All specialist abseiling equipment:
- Belay devices and karabiners
- All rigging equipment, including: all ropes, wires, cams, karabiners and rope protectors
- Semi-static and dynamic abseiling ropes
- A qualified and experienced instructor (Normally this will be Tom).
Any further queries:
If there are any questions you wish to ask please contact Tom (see below).