Roseberry Topping - North York Moors.
Try rock climbing at the impressive sandstone crag of Roseberry Topping (North York Moors) with an introduction to movement skills, harnesses, belaying and climbing calls.
This particular event is run in partnership with the National Trust. Bookings can be made via:
- The Roseberry Topping events page
Alternatively if you would like more information on what we can offer please go to our climbing page.
Pinpoint Adventure and National Trust: Outdoor Climbing Adventure at Roseberry Topping Guidance Notes
The outdoor climbing adventure takes place at the impressive sandstone crag of Roseberry Topping, North York Moors. We will meet at the summit of Roseberry Topping just to the south east of the village of Newton under Roseberry. Please familiarise yourself with how to reach the summit of Roseberry Topping – as a rough guide it takes approximately 45 minutes to walk from the car park (Located just to the south of Newton under Roseberry).
We will meet at the summit to start the session at one of the following timings 10:00, 11:20, 12:50, 14:10 and 15:30 (finishing times are approximately 11:00, 12:20, 13:50, 15:10 and 16:30 respectively).At the end of the session you will have the choice to return directly to the car park or to enjoy the surrounding area (e.g. walking back to the summit of Roseberry Topping), please note we cannot be held responsible for anything which takes place after the end of the session.
What does an Outdoor Climbing Session involve?
- This is a family orientated 1 hour outdoor climbing adventure in which we will look to do some bouldering and bottom rope climbing (approximately 5 metres high), whilst developing movement skills and learning how to tie a figure of eight knot. The overall aim of the session is to have an enjoyable and safe time.
What do I need to bring?
- Yourself (a basic level of fitness is required to climb outdoors and you will need to be able to walk to and from the crag itself over rough terrain)
- Warm clothes (climbing outdoors can be cold although you will warm up very quickly once you’re climbing)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers (We can still climb in the rain, although your safety and enjoyment take precedence – i.e. if it began to rain so heavily it became dangerous to climb)
- Trainers – that you don’t mind getting scuffed and a little muddy (Although we are able to provide a selection of climbing shoes some people may prefer to climb in their trainers)
- Participant Information Forms – filled out (to be given to Tom when you arrive)
- Food and drink (Roseberry Topping has spectacular views over the surrounding countryside, so a food and drink break are highly recommended)
Pinpoint Adventure will provide:
- All specialist climbing equipment:
- Belay devices and karabiners
- All rigging equipment, including: all ropes, wires, cams, karabiners and rope protectors
- Dynamic climbing rope
- A qualified and experienced instructor (Normally this will be Tom).
- Climbing shoes (Although as mentioned above please bring trainers).
Any further queries:
If there are any questions you wish to ask please contact Tom (see below).