Pinpoint Adventure | About Ian Hopper
"I am passionate about outdoor activities and outdoor learning. I worked for twenty seven years as a High School Geography teacher and Head of Geography, which has given me a great depth of knowledge and understanding of the wonderful environments in which Pinpoint Adventure work. I now work with a number of local Primary Schools and still thoroughly enjoy introducing the outdoors and outdoor activities to young people.
I have a huge enthusiasm for the many activities such as underground exploration, mountaineering, Forest Schools, bushcraft and snowshoeing which we offer.
I have been leading school groups on the mountains for over 25 years and have completed the Snowdonia Coast-to-Coast 5 times, the Tour of Mont Blanc on 7 occasions and led groups on visits and trekking in Tanzania and Ecuador. I am one of a small number of UK based International Mountain Leaders, which means I am qualified to take you for a walk anywhere in the world.
Taking groups underground in the Alston area is another enduring passion. I have been doing this for over 25 years and as a result I have accumulated a huge depth of knowledge about the geology, engineering and social history of the mines.
My family, my home in the North Pennines and running are my other great pleasures in life."
- B.A. (Hons) Degree – Geography and Economic History
- P.G.Ced – Geography
- International Mountain Leader Award
- Mountain Leader Award - Summer
- Mountain Leader Award – Winter (Training)
- Duke of Edinburgh Award - Assessor
- Forest Schools Award – Level 4
- Advanced Bushcraft Award – Level 3
- Local Mine Leaders Award – Level 1
- Mountain Bike Trail Leader Award
- Orienteering Level 1 – Teachers Award
- Alpine Ski Leaders Award
- MIDAS – Minibus Trainer and Assessors Award
- Current First Aid Certificate
- DBS Enhanced Certificate
Contact Ian on 07786872060 or via firstname.lastname@example.org